Has been approved and released on the App Store, MacUpdate, and the built in updater. Crashes should be gone, though I have had some reports of some titles being looked up incorrectly. So far the common denominator is they all start or contain a number. I’ll get on fixing that, but at least you guys have a usable version now, which was more important.
…has been submitted to the app store, Mac Update, and the built in updater.
fixes movie lookup failures that began 12/12, movie lookup failures introduced in 535, crashes introduced in 535 and the ability to use TMDB numbers in file names by prefixing with “tm” or “tmdb”
UPDATE: and removed due to more crashes that I was sure I had already addressed.
In what has to be the fastest App Store approval ever, iDentify 535 has been released having only been awaiting review for less than 24 hours, and I didn’t even submit for an expedited review! Thank you Apple for the fast review!
iDentify 535 is now available in the Mac App Store and the built in updater for the non-app store users and should be available on MacUpdate shortly.
iDentify 535 addresses movie lookup by name issues that began on Dec 12th and also adds support for using tmdb record numbers as file names by prepending them with a “tm” or “tmdb” in the same way imdb users have “tt” or “imdb”.
UPDATE: 535 had some bad issues. I’ve pulled it from the app store and updater.
iDentify 532 has been submitted to the Mac App store for expedited review. It has also been submitted to MacUpdate and posted to the build in updater of the non-app store version.
This version fixes movie lookups and adds S.H.I.E.L.D. to smart period replacement.
This is the NON-APP STORE TESTING build of iDentify.
Install this as a copy of iDentify. Do NOT overwrite your current version of iDentify, ESPECIALLY if you purchased iDentify from the App Store.
All movie lookups should be working. If you encounter a crash with a movie, it is vitally important you send the crash report and include the movie name you encountered the crash with.
UPDATE: Thanks to your reports, I’ve fixed numerous crashes in the new system. Below is an update to 531 which works with all the movies that have reported issues thus far.
Alright. I’ve spent the last week re-writing iDentify’s MovieDB API interface.
Knowing the original code was a mess, and iDentify 3 is in and out of the works, I chose to take the time to rebuild the TMDB API from the ground up. I was forced to do it anyways, so I took the time and did it right. I implemented almost all of the functions the TMDB API provides, even though the current version won’t use half of them, and chances are, iD3 won’t use many of them either. Most were extremely simple to implement since many were nearly identical to each other. It may have taken a little time, but I’d rather have a full featured API interface ready for iD3. It makes for more possibilities.
It took some time to shoehorn in the new API interface and make it work. But it appears as though I have movie lookups working again. I have a few test versions out to a handful of users. Still have a few more bugs to squash, but from here it should be pretty smooth sailing.
I’ll have the update posted to the non app store version as soon as I deem it ready. I’ll be requesting an expedited review for the App store version, but seeing as how the previous two or three versions had to be expedited, they might choose to decline the expedition.
However, some bad new right now seems to be that we might no longer be able to do lookups by IMDB number. There simply is no way to do it in the new API. I can very easily add the ability to do lookups by TMDB number though. I’ve contacted the TMDB guys about IMDB lookups. I have far too many users that do lookups by IMDB.
The TMDB deprecated the API iDentify is using effective last night. They said they gave several notices to their API users over the past 4-5 months, but I don’t remember seeing one. Perhaps it got caught by a spam filter, I don’t know. Regardless, this will take an app update to fix that I will begin working on tonight. Non App store version will see an update as soon as it is ready. App Store users will have to wait for the App Store to approve the update.
After a long and frustrating wait, iDentify 525 is now in the app store. This version fixed the TVDB lookup issues, and puts code in place to prevent similar API changes from breaking things in the future.
I guess the subject line says it all. The developer website is finally up. I’ve submitted the update that has been waiting 3 weeks for Apple to get their act together, and requested an expedited review on the grounds of this being a critical bug fix and their outage preventing this update from getting to my users hands in a timely fashion.
iDentify has been fixed and is ready to go and has been for about 3 weeks now, indeed with extra code to prevent this sort of problem in the future. In fact, non app store customers have already received the fix!
The problem is that Apples developer website was hacked, as stated a few posts down. In response, Apple took down their entire Developer website to rebuilt it from the ground up to prevent it from being infiltrated again. While most of the site is now back online, there are a few sections of the website, namely the Member Center, and Contracts center still offline. Since there are updated contracts I am required to accept before Apple will allow me to submit the update for review, the outage on these sections are unfortunately preventing me from submitting the update.
The ball is not in my court at this point. I have no ETA because the problem is no longer in my hands. The problem, as always, seems to be having to wait for Apple.
I beg you please don’t submit poor reviews of iDentify because of Apples inability to service their customers. iDentify is fixed and I’m eager to get it into your hands.